What gets funded?
Amplify Grants are one-off payments of up to $4,000 for projects that will boost or sustain your creative career or organisation. This might look like:
- A new ticketing system
- A website upgrade
- Upgrading your facilities
- Purchasing specialist equipment
- Expanding your operation to employ others
There are five Amplify Grants available.
Who can apply?
Amplify is designed to support the creative industries in Whanganui.
You could be:
- A sole trader creative practitioner (such as a writer, artist, musician, performer, craftsperson, designer or film maker)
- An arts organisation or charitable trust
- A business in a creative field
What are we looking for in an application?
- We want to support talent. Shout about your creative achievements or how you support creativity if you’re a gallery or venue.
- We want to make a difference. We’re asking you to tell us how a grant would help take you where you want to go.
- We believe creativity comes in many forms, such as carving, ceramics, dance, design, fashion, film, jewellery, performance, theatre, visual arts, weaving or writing. And new innovations we haven’t yet imagined — so don’t hold back.
- We’re looking to the future, so the costs you’re applying for must not already be underway.
- We’re all about local, so your primary place of business must be Whanganui, and the impact of the funding must be felt here.
How do I apply?
Send a completed application to Emma.Bugden@whanganuiandpartners.nz by 5:00pm September 25, 2020.
Compel us by telling us:
- Who you are, what you do and why
- The particular project you’re applying for
- How your project contributes to Whanganui
- The difference an Amplify grant will make to you
- A budget stating how much you’re applying for and what the grant will be spent on
- A time frame outlining the project’s development
- Details of other funding or support you have received for this project
Successful recipients will be required to meet with the Whanganui & Partners Business Team to develop or refine a business plan to help you amplify this opportunity.
Funding decisions will be made by Whanganui & Partners, with all decisions final.