Are you a visual artist or maker? Want help taking the next step?
Making It offers free one-to-one consultation between creatives and specialists, to build financial literacy and grow professional and commercial knowledge. Making It helps artists know where they want to go and how to get there.
You could receive up to three sessions with our specialists (one session per specialist).
Participants in Making It will be funded to access one-hour one-off consultation between makers and specialists, to build financial literacy and grow professional and commercial knowledge.
Interested? To apply or ask questions, please email Emma Bugden, Strategic Lead: Creative Industries and Arts, Whanganui & Partners on email@example.com.
Want to apply? Send us an email:
- Tell us about your creative background and career
- Where you’d like to be in five years’ time
- The session or sessions you’d like to attend, and why
- Your GST status (registered / not registered). Note: you don’t need to be registered to take part
Applicant will have a track record in either exhibiting or artwork sales, as well as ambition to take your career further. Inclusion in Making It is at the sole discretion of Whanganui & Partners.
Our Specialists Offer the Following Services:
1. Getting Famous / Delivered by Greg Donson, Curator, Sarjeant Gallery and Emma Bugden Strategic Lead Creative Industries and Arts, Whanganui & Partners
Applying for public funding and developing relationships with curators, public and commercial galleries.
2. Do Good While Making A Living / Delivered by Nicola Patrick, Thrive Whanganui
Operating as a social enterprise, developing a hybrid business model to achieve social, environmental, economic, and cultural outcomes.
3. Be A Hashtag Hero / Delivered by Nicola Devine Tanker Creative
A one-hour session on maximising your digital capability.
4. Title Here Delivered by Pahia Turia (Te Roopu Ahi Kaa, Te Rūnanga o Ngā Wairiki Ngāti Apa, Te Manu Atatū, Whanganui & Partners)
Creative business with te ao Māori at the heart of what you do.
5. Dealing with the Dealers / Delivered by Lauren Lysaght
A session by a nationally acclaimed senior artist, on developing and maintaining relationships with commercial galleries.
6. Money Matters / Delivered by Niki Vernon, Money Poppins
An introduction to accounting for sole traders, whether to register for GST and how to incorporate business planning into your strategic and creative planning.