Talent Connect is the app to find skilled workers
Making it easy to fill the gaps you have in your business.
Maybe by trade they’re a carpenter, but they have the skills and ability to adapt to a role that your factory needs. Or maybe you need help in your restaurant with serving and there’s a people-person out there good at working in high-stress environments. Identifying the strengths built from workers’ past professional experiences, Talent Connect shows you – in the rawest form, what they can offer your business.
How to use it
1. Download the app at the App Store for iPhone or Google Play for Android
2. Set up your business profile
When you’re setting up your business’ profile, it’s important to let the talent know who your company is and what exactly are you looking for. Here’s an idea of some things to include in your profile:
- What does your company do?
- Are you casually looking for new workers, or is there a specific role you’re looking to fill?
- What’s the work environment like at your business?
- Is the work flexible?
- Is there a range of different work someone could pick up, or parts of it?
- Are you looking for someone to do a short-term project for you?
- What type of skills are you after?
- What can you offer them?
By identifying what you’re looking for, it makes it easier for the talent to know if it’s going to make a good fit or not. It also helps with starting a conversation.
If a skill you’re looking for is not in the pre-populated skills list, type it in the ‘add skills’ area, and click on the plus sign.
3. Start swiping
That’s it! It’s really that easy. Get connected with people looking for work in Whanganui.
If there’s a specific skill you’re looking for and don’t want to swipe in the app, toggle to the search area of the app and type in the skill you’re looking for. Swipe right ⇒ if you want to connect, swipe ⇐ left if you don’t think it’s a good fit.
Once you’ve swiped right to a few people, they’ll be put into categories in the ‘search’ function. Find someone with the skill you’re looking for there.