Talent Connect is the app for you to find opportunities
This could be anything from working in an office full-time to working with a company on a small project to build their capability or brand. It could even mean connecting with someone you want to learn from over a cuppa. Talent Connect is here to get you connected in Whanganui.
Talent Connect is what you make of it. Whether you just want to see what opportunities are out there, or if you want to meet thought-leaders in the community; this is the app for you.
How to use it
1. Download the app at the App Store for iPhone or Google Play for Android
2. Set up your personal profile
When you’re setting up your profile it’s important to let businesses and other professionals know about yourself. They’ll be keen to know what skills you have in common, and if you have the skills that they’re looking for. Here’s an idea of some things to include in your profile:
- Tell the businesses a little bit about yourself
- Tell them the type of work are you looking for; full-time, part-time, contract?
- Are you looking purely to network? Maybe you’re not looking for a new job?
- Let them know if you’re looking for something flexible
- What skills can you bring to the table? Add the skills you’ve gained from your work experience and hobbies
- Maybe you don’t have tons of work experience – what skills do you have from your personal life?
- Highlight some of your top skills in your bio and also click on those attributes on the skills list
Identifying what you’re good at will help businesses understand if you have transferable skills you could bring to their business or other professionals looking to connect with people with your skill-set. It also helps start a conversation!
If a skill you’re looking for is not in the pre-populated skills list, type it in the ‘add skills’ area, and click on the plus sign.
3. Start swiping
That’s it! It’s really that easy. Get connected with people looking for workers in Whanganui. Swipe right ⇒ if you want to connect, swipe ⇐ left if you don’t think it’s a good fit.
Once you’ve swiped right to a few businesses, they’ll be put into categories in the ‘search’ function. You can find businesses looking for your skills there.
If there’s specific work you’re looking for and don’t want to swipe in the app, toggle to the search area and type in the work you’re looking for.